10/23/2016 0 Comments
200 g sugar
175 g butter, melted
125 g cold water
1 ts baking powder
100 g white whole wheat flour
250 g almond flour
1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
Zest of 1 orange
8 oz fresh raspberries
12 oz sweet orange marmalade
2 Tbs orange liquor or cognac, brandy, rum
7-inch springform pan
Preparation time: 20 min
Baking time: 40-50 min
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- With an electric mixer, beat the eggs and the sugar until smooth white foam, about 7 minutes on a medium speed.
- Add orange zest, butter, water, baking powder, and whole wheat flour, stir gently with a spatula.
- Mix in almond meal and almonds.
- Grease and lightly flour the cake pan.
- Pour the batter into a cake pan.
- Bake until browned and the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before glazing.
- Take the cake out of the pan and place on a platter.
- In a small saucepan heat the orange marmalade over high heat until melted.
- Add liquor or brandy to the saucepan and cook everything for a couple of minutes.
- Strain this liquid through a wire sieve to remove orange lumps.
- Use half of the glaze to cover the cake and gently combine the rest with raspberries.
- Arrange the glazed raspberries on top of the cake.
Substitute the orange marmalade for the apricot jam.
Use water or apple cider instead of any liquor.
Leave a Reply.