11/15/2016 1 Comment
Baked Campanelle Casserole
1 cup Campanelle, Barilla pasta
1 lb lean ground beef
1 yellow onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 large red bell pepper, diced
1 large zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
8 oz tomato sauce, no-salt-added
3 sprigs fresh thyme
2 sprigs fresh oregano
1 ts dried oregano or herbs of Provence
4 oz shredded monterey jack, or cheddar, or mozzarella cheese
Salt, black pepper to taste
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 40 min
- Boil salted water and cook pasta for 8 minutes, occasionally stir.
- Drain in a colander and set aside.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef until no pink shows and the liquid evaporates.
- Add onion, garlic, salt, pepper, fresh thyme, and dried oregano and saute about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, red bell pepper, and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour tomato sauce and cook until all ingredients are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the drained pasta to the beef mixture and gently mix all ingredients until the pasta is coated with the sauce.
- Transfer the dish to the baking pan, top with the cheese and bake until cheese is melted, about 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh oregano leaves and serve hot.
Use any type of tubular pasta that has a ridged outer surface, like rigatoni, tufoli, ziti. Ridges hold sauce and cheese.
Pasta should be undercooked because it will continue to cook with all ingredients in the oven.
2/21/2023 11:37:37 pm
Thankss for sharing this
Leave a Reply.