11/25/2016 0 Comments
1 pound ground chicken
1 medium carrot, grated
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 leek, cut lengthwise and sliced
1/4 cup pistachios, whole, no shells
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
1 Tbs ketchup or 1 ts tomato paste
3 thyme sprigs (leaves)
1 rosemary sprig (leaves), chopped
Kosher salt, black pepper to taste
1 lb aluminum loaf pan
Preparation time: 25 min
Cooking time: 50 min
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil, saute onion, garlic, and leek until soft and translucent for about 10-15 minutes. Let it cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, grated carrot, pistachios, cranberries, onion mixture, breadcrumbs, ketchup, herbs, salt, and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Place the chicken mixture in a small aluminum loaf pan (lined with parchment paper), tap the pan a few times to release any air bubbles and lightly press the mixture down to make it firm.
- Bake until golden for 45-60 minutes (until the internal temperatures of the terrine is 165F).
- Let the terrine rest in the mold for 10 minutes, then lift it out of the pan, and slice before serving.
Accompaniments: cornichons, mustard, sauces, roasted vegetables, toasted bread.
Leave a Reply.