10 and 1/2 Tbs unsalted butter
6 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
250 g sugar
1/2 ts salt (Fleur de Sel)
2/3 cup AP flour
3 eggs, at room temperature
1 ts pure vanilla extract
a handful of walnuts (optional)
Servings: 16 each
Preparation time: 20 min
Baking time: 35 min
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Cut chocolate in chunks.
- Over medium heat melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add chocolate to the butter and mix together until chocolate has melted.
- Let the chocolate-butter mixture cool to room temperature.
- Add sugar and salt and stir the mixture.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, thoroughly mixing each addition .
- Add vanilla extract, flour, and walnuts.
- Beat to combine all together.
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper, leaving enough material hanging over each end to use as a handle.
- Scrape the batter out of the saucepan into the baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- When the brownies are ready, the corners will be crispy but the middle will be dark and dense.
- Remove the entire brownie sheet from the baking pan and cool on a wire rack.