3 Tbs unsalted butter, melted, cooled
1 1/3 cups AP Flour
1 1/3 cups fine yellow cornmeal (Goya)
2 Tbs sugar
1 ts kosher salt
1 Tbs baking powder
3/4 ts baking soda
3 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup milk
olive oil, or no-stick cooking spray
Fresh thyme (optional)
12-cup muffin pan, or medium loaf pan,
or 8" square baking dish
Servings: 12 cornbread muffins, or 1 cornbread loaf
Preparation time: 15 min
Baking time: 35 min
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly whisk eggs, buttermilk, and milk.
- Add egg mixture into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour melted butter and mix again.
- Optionally add 2 Tbs fresh thyme leaves.
- Grease or spray the baking pan with some vegetable oil.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place the batter into a muffin pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.
Can be used for Thanksgiving dressing/stuffing.