12/14/2015 0 Comments
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 pound Russet potatoes, medium diced
1 medium fennel bulb, small diced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 pounds flounder fillet, cut in cubes
3-4 Tbs dill, chopped
3-4 cups water
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 30 min
- In a medium pot heat the olive oil and sear potatoes for 3 minutes.
- Add fennel bulb, garlic, season, and saute vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Pour white wine and cook for 4 minutes to evaporate alcohol.
- Add water, let the soup boil, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until potatoes are almost soft.
- Add heavy cream and mix together.
- Add the fish to the pot, cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Season if needed.
- Serve with a lemon wedge and chopped dill.
Leave a Reply.