1 head of cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
8 oz white mushrooms, sliced
1 yellow onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup coconut or almond milk
1/2 cup cashews, toasted, not salted
2 Tbs olive oil
1 ts dried thyme leaves
1/2 bunch scallions, sliced
Salt, black or red pepper to taste
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 25-30 min
- In a medium pot heat the olive oil and saute onion, garlic, mushrooms and thyme for 7 minutes.
- Add cauliflower florets, salt, pepper and 5 cups of water.
- Boil and turn to a simmer until cauliflower is tender, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup cashews and, using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Add about 1 cup of almond milk and keep simmering for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with sliced scallions and chopped cashews on top.