1 1/2 cups AP flour
1 cup sugar
2 ts baking powder
3/4 ts kosher salt
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups (15 oz) ricotta
1/2 ts vanilla extract
1/2 cup (1 stick) or 4 oz unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries, divided
Servings: 8-10 pieces
Preparation time: 15 min
Baking time: 50-60 min
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line the bottom of a 9" round cake pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs, ricotta, and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Fold into dry ingredients until blended.
- Add butter, mix thoroughly.
- Fold in 1 cup raspberries, do not crush berries.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and scatter remaining 1/2 cup raspberries on top of this batter.
- Bake cake until golden brown 50-60 min, the tester should come out of the center of the cake clean.
- Let cool 30-40 min before serving.
Adapted from bonappetit.com