2 delicata squash, cut in half, deseeded
1/2 cup plain couscous
1 ts dried oregano
1/2 bunch scallions, sliced
2 sprigs mint, chopped
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
1/2 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
2 Tbs pomegranate molasses (optional)
Salt, black pepper to taste
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 25 min
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Season squash halves with salt and black pepper and drizzle with some olive oil.
- Roast for 20 -25 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, place couscous into the baking sheet and add dried oregano, salt, pepper, and 1 ts olive oil. Rub couscous between the fingers to mix spice, couscous, and oil.
- Toast this couscous in the oven for 5-7 minutes until it begins to brown.
- Transfer toasted couscous into a medium bowl, add boiled water (1:1, so we need 1/2 cup of hot water) and cover with plastic wrap for 15 minutes.
- Combine scallions, mint, cilantro, pomegranate seeds, pistachios with cooked couscous.
- Add 1-2 Tbs olive oil, season with salt and black pepper, if needed, and fluff everything with two forks.
- Place roasted delicata squash onto the platter and spoon the couscous filling into each squash half.
- Drizzle with pomegranate molasses.
Leave a Reply.