2/9/2017 0 Comments
3/4 cup lukewarm water
2 1/4 ts active dry yeast
1 Tbs sugar
3 cups AP flour
2 ts Kosher salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
10g chives or 5 scallions, chopped
Aleppo or any red pepper flakes, to taste
2 Tb sesame or/and nigella seeds
1 egg, beaten with 1 Tbs water
7-inch springform pan to fit 9-10 rolls
Yield: 1 loaf of pull-apart bread
Preparation time: 15 min plus the rising time (about 3-4 hours)
Baking time: 25-35 min
- In a medium bowl, combine water, yeast, and sugar. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In the other medium bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- Add the flour mixture and oil into the yeast mixture.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until it is smooth.
- Transfer it into the bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, for 1-1.5 hours.
- After 1-1.5 hours gently poke the dough, form the ball, place back into the bowl and let rise for 1 more hour.
- After 1 hour roll the dough on a lightly floured surface into a long rectangle.
- Brush the dough with a little of vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle with chopped scallions and red pepper flakes.
- Roll the long side of the dough up and cut into 2-inch pieces like cinnamon rolls.
- Arrange these pieces cut side up in the springform pan.
- Cover them with a towel and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375F.
- Brush the dough with the egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is browned.
- Cool and serve.
Adapted from Molly Yeh (from Kristin Donnelly's "Modern Potluck")
Leave a Reply.