2 large sweet potatoes
3 Tbs ricotta cheese (optional)
1/4 ts ground nutmeg
Salt, black pepper to taste
1 cup AP flour (more for dusting)
4 Tbs sour cream
1 Tbs Dijon mustard
1 ts capers
1 bunch dill, roughly chopped
3 sprigs mint (leaves)
Ground black pepper
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 15 min plus roasting time
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork, place on a baking sheet, and roast until tender (about 40-60 min).
- Cut in half and let it cool.
- Scoop the sweet potato flesh into a medium bowl and mash.
- Add an egg, nutmeg, salt, black pepper, ricotta cheese and mix well.
- Gradually mix in flour.
- Place this soft sweet potato dough onto floured surface and divide into equal balls.
- Adding more flour if needed, form each ball into rope and cut into 1-1.5 inch pieces.
- In a large pot boil salted water and cook gnocchi about 4-5 minutes, stirring gently.
- Gnocchi are cooked after they rise to the surface.
- Meanwhile, add to the blender all ingredients for the sauce and blend well.
- Spoon the sauce onto serving plate and add cooked gnocchi.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
Use Idaho baking potatoes instead of sweet potatoes.
Gnocchi can be frozen. Put the gnocchi in the freezer while they are still on a floured cutting board (tray) and freeze until they are solid, at least 1 hour. Then transfer the frozen pieces in a zipper-lock bag and store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Leave a Reply.