10/14/2016 0 Comments
Tortellini with Mushrooms and Sausage
1 pkg three-cheese tortellini
1 medium fennel bulb, peeled, thinly sliced
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
6 sweet Italian sausages, casings removed, crumbled
2 Tbs olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbs fennel seeds
50 ml heavy cream
2 cups spinach, chiffonade
3 Tbs grated parmesan
Salt, black pepper to taste
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 30 min
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil and saute sausages for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, fennel seeds and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add fennel, mushrooms and cook for 15 minutes until tender.
- Add heavy cream and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot boil salted water and prepare tortellini. Drain.
- Combine cooked tortellini and sausage mixture and stir in spinach and parmesan.
- Toss gently.
- Garnish with fennel fronds (leaves) and serve immediately.
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Leave a Reply.